Who was it for?
One of my favourite clients
I have worked at this estate for over a decade making new steel work and restoring original pieces such as railings and Georgian fireplaces.
Near Taunton, Somerset
It has been important to keep with the original architecture of the property, therefore each piece of work was designed and handmade to suit its surroundings.
How Bradley Crafted It
- Detailed Gates – the detailed gates were hand drawn on my workbench and then forged to match the drawings.
- Large deer park gates – the large deer park gates were designed by an architect and I hand forged these as required. These are a follow on from the railings on the ha-ha.
- Estate railings – the owner and I walked the grounds to determine where the railings were to go. I made the posts at my workshop but had the majority of the rails delivered on site.
- Handrails – these were worked to the same pattern as the stone masons to make sure these fitted. These banisters were harder then they look, due to the rise and curvature of the steps.
- Hay baskets for stables – There were some original Georgian hay baskets and I had to make more to match. I had to roll the steels for these so that they were in keeping.
Bradley was recommended to me by a builder. I have employed Bradley on a number of projects over many years and have always been impressed by the quality of his workmanship.